GNC Total Lean Review: What is GNC & How Does it Work?
- Review of: GNC Total Lean Shake, manufactured by GNC.
- Price/Serving: $2.46 (see lowest price)
- Calories: 200
- Protein: 25g
- Carbs/Sugar: 17g/4g
- Fiber: 8g
- Flavors: Rich Chocolate, Banana, Mixed Berry, Swiss Chocolate, Vanilla Bean
- Price: When using the figures discussed above, it turns out that each shake costs $2.46. While this is a good price when you consider it is a meal replacement shake, it is higher than most of the other shakes I have reviewed in the past.
- Hunger Blockers: With a total of 25 grams of dietary and soluble fiber, GNC Lean does a pretty good job of making sure you stay full for several hours.
- Nutrition: The GNC Lean 25 Shake 25 has around 200 calories per serving, which isn’t bad. However, it’s the large amount of vitamins, minerals, and protein that gives it such a high nutrition score.
- Taste: Although the flavor of the chocolate shakes wasn’t all that horrible, the consistency was pretty far off the mark. It was extremely gritty and had that chalky aftertaste that is common with protein shakes, which it is not.
- Well balanced ratios of high quality protein, vitamins and minerals
- Clinically proven to increase weight
- High protein % – 25g per meal
- High fiber amount – 8g
- Short lasting package – 16 shakes only
- Taste is not the perfect one
Meal replacement shakes and all kinds of supplements can certainly help people achieve their weight loss goals and boost their health as well.
There are lots of these meal replacement products on the market, and it can be confusing to choose the right one that works for you.
In this article, I will review the GNC Lean Shake product that could be what you need.
I’ll try to give a complete overview and an honest review of this replacement product.
GNC Total Lean Video Review
What is the GNC Lean Shake and do you really need it?
The GNC Lean Shake has a balanced ratio of minerals, vitamins, quality proteins and healthy fats.
The Lean Shake can also support healthy and normal cholesterol levels, improve metabolism, help build and maintain lean muscle and of course help lose weight.
This oat-based shake can help people achieve their weight loss goal but only if used together with an effective exercise and meal plan.
This product also helps people increase the feeling of satiety and fullness thanks to the patented fiber-rich blend.
Of course satiety is critical because it makes you eat less and enables you to wait longer between meals.
Oat beta-glucan is a powerful soluble fiber that is naturally-occurring in oat-bran, and it is what this product is based on. It also has a low-glycemic-index that supports healthy blood glucose levels.
Fiber and oat bran have a more sustained and slower effect on energy levels and blood sugar when compared to high-glycemic-index foods like pasta, bread, and pastries.
Whether you need this or any other meal replacement product, is up to you. Anything that help you lose weight should be considered.
Proper meal replacement shake that has the right amount of macronutrients, micronutrients, calories and fiber for weight loss, is certainly far more useful and efficient than an ordinary meal you would get in a diner.
Having that assurance is essential in my opinion.
GNC Company Overview
GNC is a well-respected nutritional supplements company in the industry because it demands product potency, ingredient safety and truth in labeling. It also is on the cutting edge of nutritional science, and it is the largest company of this kind in the world that is devoted to helping people improve the quality of their lives.
Compared to many other shady and controversial companies in the nutrition industry, GNC has a very rigorous approach to ensuring product quality. Its manufacturing and packaging processes, as well as the new product discovery process, is based on scientific research.
The interaction with the stores and with the customers are also very impressive.
GNC stores are stocked with a wide range of bodybuilding, weight loss, natural remedies, nutritional supplements, beauty and health products.
The stores also sell fitness magazines and books. It has over 6,000 stores in the United States and locations in 49 countries worldwide as well.
Six formulas of the GNC-branded multivitamins were tested in the Multivitamin and Multimineral Supplements Review of 38 of the leading products sold in the United States and Canada by ConsumerLab.com.
All of these 6 formulas passed the tests that included: meeting U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) labeling requirements, their ability to disintegrate in solution per United States Pharmacopeia guidelines, included testing of selected index elements and lead contamination threshold set in California Proposition 65.
Ingredients of the GNC Lean Shake
Basic ingredients: Saturated fat, Soluble Fiber, Cholesterol, Dietary Fiber, Sugars, Protein, Vitamin B-12, Pantothenic acid, copper, Zinc, Selenium, Manganese, Chromium, Molybdenum, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Iron, Thiamin, Vitamin B-6, Riboflavin, Niacin.
According to the IdealShape website, the following are their top unique ingredients. (Keep in mind the shakes also include soy protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and whey protein isolate, but they are in almost all weight loss shakes.)
- Creamer (Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Maltodextrin, Sodium Caseinate, Monoglycerides, Polysorbate 60, Dipotassium Phosphate)
- Carb Blend (Carrageenan, Fructooligosaccharides, Maltodextrin, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Oat Bran, Resistant Starch), Milk Protein Concentrate, Nonfat dry milk, Cocoa (Processed with Alkali),
- Salt, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose
- Natural and Artificial Flavors, Vitamin and Mineral Blend (Biotin, Folic Acid, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Tricalcium Phosphate, Sodium Ascorbate, Chromium Chloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Ferric Orthophosphate, dl-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Thiamin Hydrochloride, Cupric Oxide, Vitamin A Acetate, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Dimagnesium Phosphate, Maltodextrin (glucose polymers), Potassium Iodide, Niacinamide, Calcium Carbonate, Cyanocobalamin), Salt, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose
Benefits of GNC Lean Shake
This product is clinically proven to have significant weight loss effects.
A randomized study that composed of 98 healthy participants compared and studied the effects of the people who followed the Lean Shake meal plan (1,500 calorie per day, 2 Lean shakes per day and regular exercise) to those people who followed a traditional eating plan of 1,500 calories per day.
The study lasted for 12 weeks, and the results showed that individuals who developed the Lean Shake meal plan lost 7 pounds while other participants in the ordinary meal plan lost 4 pounds.
There was also a four times greater reduction in cholesterol levels of the Lean shake group. Other notable benefits include:
- Product as good value for money, has a good smell, is light weight and easy to use
- Promotes and aids health and weight loss along with regular exercise
- Supports healthy metabolism and lean muscle mass
- Well balanced ratios of high-quality protein, vitamins, minerals, and fat
- Recognizes the importance of healthy eating and regular exercise as part of weight loss.
- The product is clinically proven to increase weight
GNC Shake Cons
- Some customers have been disappointed that the package does not last very long. 16 shakes can be made from the 7-pound bottle, and that lasts for eight days. This means that you must continually buy the product, and that costs money.
- The taste of this product has also been reported to be bad for lots of people.
- The shake is also reportedly to have poor texture to it.
- The official website does not have any before and after photos.
- The weight loss claims can be inaccurate, according to some people.
GNC Total Lean Shake Side Effects
There are no reported side-effects associated with this product, health-wise at least that I found. Of course, it is important always to read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.
GNC Lean Shake Results – Does it Work?
Meal replacement shakes are a great way to help you lose weight and improve your overall health.
These shakes have lots of benefits, for example they are easily digestible, great a feeling of satiety, have the right amounts of macronutrients and micronutrients for weight loss, they are easy to make and taste good as well.
If you don’t like the taste of this product then, instead of mixing the powder with water, try mixing it with milk or Greek yogurt for example. The taste will be much better.
Whether it works for you or not depends on lots of other factors such as your overall calorie intake, how much you exercise, how well you follow your diet plan, your dedication and motivation to get results and so on.
The GNC Lean Shake is just one tool to help you but if you follow the recommendations and instructions then I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.
Directions and How To Use
- Mix one serving of 52 grams with 8-10 ounces of cold water.
- Mix the shake well and drink two shakes per day, while following an exercise program and healthy calorie reduced meal plan.
- Average serving contain about 180-200 calories.
- Per serving you will get 9 grams of protein, 2 grams of fat, 30 grams of carbohydrates, 150 mg of potassium, 100 mg of sodium, 8 grams of dietary fiber and 5 grams of soluble fiber.
- Like I said before you can also use yogurt or milk, instead of water for better taste.
Compare With Advocare
I have made comparison of GNC Total Lean with Advocare Meal Shake to make it easier for you to decide which one is better.
Short Summary of GNC Total Lean Shake Review
The reason it is very often necessary for people to use these meal replacement shakes is because it help them more easily track their calories, macronutrients, minerals, and vitamins. It also helps them to reduce their overall calorie intake that is required for weight loss, increase the number of meals consumed and keep them feeling full for longer.
This product has received excellent ratings on Amazon with some great feedback, along with some negative feedback as well. The only way to determine whether the GNC Lean Shake will work for you is to try it. If it does not work and you don’t like it, then it is not a big loss. But if it helps you lose weight and improve your health then it is worth it for sure.