Does it Work for Weight Loss?
Review of: Shakeology, manufactured by BeachBody.
Price/Serving: $4.44 (see lowest price)
Flavors: Chocolate, Vegan Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, Cafe Latte, Topical and Greenbarry.
The overall price is very high, but again other meal replacement shakes can't come close to it when compared to all implemented nutrients (70+).
Although the Shakeology really only has fiber as a hunger blocking ingredient, it works, so it has earned a high rating by me.
Shakeology shakes indeed stand at the top of the crowded field when it comes to nutrients. From barley and wheat grass to maca root and etc.
Wide range of flavor options available for Shakeology makes is hard to fail here: Choco, Vanilla, Strawberry, Cafe Latter, Topical and Greenbarry.
- Healthy ingredient list (70+ natural), including some superfoods
- Vegan options available
- Sweetness derived from stevia
- Non GMO fructose derived from beets
- Greenberry taste
- Not gluten free certified (although made from gluten-free ingredients)
Summary: The million dollar question is whether or not Shakeology works. It does, depending on what exactly you are using it for. You can use it as a supplement to get added nutrition. You can use it as a meal replacement for weight loss. You can even use it as a superfood to give you the vitamins and minerals you lack from your everyday eating habits.
Now, it is your turn to decide if Shakeology works. Since Shakeology is a tad expensive (compare prices), I recommend you try the bottom of the bag guarantee. This 30 day money back guarantee allows you send your Shakeology back for a full return if you decide you do not like it. You can send it back even if the bag is completely empty! To me, this is a pretty impressive guarantee.
If you are still not convinced, read my Shakeology review bellow.
Let’s examine every aspect of Shakeology so that you can determine if this is the right shake for you to use it as a food supplement.
“The Healthiest Meal of the Day” is the slogan associated with Shakeology, but what does this really mean? For that matter, is it truly the “healthiest”?
Shakeology Video Review
What is (in) Shakeology?
Shakeology is essentially a meal replacement shake for anyone who is trying to lose weight and eat healthier. For example, I opt to replace my lunch with a Shakeology shake every day. In fact, I have come up with a recipe that I blend with Shakeology to give it an even better flavor.
The USDA recommends that we consume around nine servings of fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. For most of us, this is much easier said than done.
Now, think about the "healthy foods" that we are told we need to eat to stay healthy. Superfoods, such as acai and blueberries, as well as foods that are full of fiber, wheat, and protein are expensive. You can end up spending way more money than you wanted to try only to get a few of these foods.
When I examine something, especially food, I like to look at what's included inside and what are the benefits of using it. So let's take a look at what are the Shakeology ingredients actually:
So there are over 70 natural ingredients.
To purchase all the ingredients available in one serving of Shakeology, you can expect to spend around $50 every single day! However, Shakeology only costs around $4.33 per serving. This means that you can get all the foods you need for healthy eating for a mere fraction ($4.33) of what they would cost if purchased individually ($50).
Does Shakeology Work?
I suppose that you are wondering if Shakeology can work for you? That is exactly what I am going to explore and show you bellow, as I was in the same situation before first try out.
First and foremost, I have to let you know that I have been drinking Shakeology on nearly a daily basis since March 2011. However, do not expect that I am just going to post a glowing review that makes it seem as if this is a product sent from the Gods. I plan to give it to you completely straight!
Here are the questions I plan to answer for you today:
- Does Shakeology result in weight loss?
- Wouldn’t it just be easier to get healthy by eating healthy?
- Finally, I will provide you with facts based on a recent Shakeology survey and study.
Does Shakeology Really Result in Weight Loss?
When we look at the results of the recent Shakeology survey, which is posted bellow, you will see that a vast majority of Shakeology users lost weight. So, how did they do it? It’s easy; they adopted good eating habits which they combined with their Shakeology shakes.
It’s important to understand that most people also combined Shakeology with regular exercise, but this isn’t completely necessary. Shakeology can result in weight loss without exercise.
How? Follow these steps.
- Know the number of calories you should be consuming on a daily basis. Obviously, this is important when you set any weight loss goal.
- Know when you can use Shakeology as a meal replacement. If you are trying to get rid of fat, you should use Shakeology as a substitute for meals. You can do this if you simply want to get rid of excess fat or when you aren’t in the habit of watching your calories and exercising.
- Know when Shakeology should be used as a supplement or snack. If you are an athlete looking to increase the amount of nutrition in your diet, Shakeology is perfect. Also, it can help prevent your body from holding on to unwanted fats that you have consumed due to poor eating habits.
- Control your intake of carbs and protein. If you want to use Shakeology for weight loss, but you do not wish to exercise, you should get about 40% of your calories from carbs (good carbs including whole wheat bread and fruit) and 40% of your calories from protein. Shakeology is ideal for helping you balance this out.
Wouldn’t it just be easier to get healthy and lose weight by eating healthy?
In theory, yes, but not when put into practice. I have tried so many times to lose weight by eating healthy, and it never works.
This is because I cannot eat enough servings of the fruits, vegetables, minerals, prebiotics, probiotics, and vital digestive enzymes that I need to be super healthy.
Of course, you (and I) should be eating healthy, but that’s just a small part of losing weight and fat. If you want to lose excess fat and weight plus feel great, it is going to take more than just eating salads and drinking water.
For example, digestive enzymes are needed to flush out your system and allow your metabolism to increase. Probiotics and adaptogens are necessary to enhance your immune system and naturally decrease your stress levels.How can you get these things?
About the only way is to find supplements that consist of ingredients such as biotin, folic acid, phosphorus, and sacha inchi (an omega three superfood).
You can usually find them at your local vitamin store, but they tend to be very expensive.
As a result, choosing a shake, such as Shakeology, allows you to get all these ingredients and more every day at a fraction of the price. So, you can try and adopt a healthy diet, but this is just a small part of your ultimate goal.
Wouldn’t it just be easier to get healthy and lose weight by eating healthy?
Recently, 2,800 Shakeology customers were polled. They were asked questions regarding their before and after results. After the answers were analyzed, these were the results of the 2,800 responses.
- Survey on using Shakeology
- 72% report that daily use had helped them shed excess weight
- 93% report they feel healthier since they started drinking Shakeology.
- 81% report the drink keeps them full until it is time for their next meal.
- 86% report Shakeology has helped improve their energy levels.
- 81% report that Shakeology has reduced their junk food cravings.
- 82% report they have improved digestion. (This is based on 874 users who had reported concerns regarding digestion.)
On the right you can open the rest of the survey results:
Shakeology: A Few Things I Did NOT Like
- The Cost: While it’s not as expensive as the meal that you are replacing at around $4.33 a shake, it does end up costing about $129.95 a month. (You can save on shipping if you opt for auto shipping each month.) You have to pay up front for the month for a supply that will last 30 days. Of course, there are ways to get Shakeology at a discounted price; you just have to find them.
- There’s No Competition: A few times I have tried to find a less expensive alternative to Shakeology, but there are not any other health shakes with comparable ingredients. I think if there were that prices just might go down.
- Greenberry: There are five flavors (Chocolate, Vegan Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, and Topical) that I like. Then, there is Greenberry. Yuck! If you prefer a health shake that tastes healthy, Greenberry is for you. If you want something that feels good, stick with the other flavors.
Now You Decide: Does Shakeology Work?
The million dollar question is whether or not Shakeology works. It does, depending on what exactly you are using it for. You can use it as a supplement to get added nutrition. You can use it as a meal replacement for weight loss. You can even use it as a superfood to give you the vitamins and minerals you lack from your everyday eating habits.
Now, it is your turn to decide if Shakeology works. Since Shakeology is a tad expensive, I recommend you try the bottom of the bag guarantee. This 30 day money back guarantee allows you send your Shakeology back for a full return if you decide you do not like it. You can send it back even if the bag is completely empty! To me, this is a pretty impressive guarantee.