There are different classifications of Ginseng, thus, there are different Ginseng teas.
If you are wondering which is the best Ginseng tea, I will take you through the details of each one of them.
Best kind of Ginseng is Korean Ginseng. So the best Ginseng tea to use will also be Korean Ginseng tea. But, there is a reason for that fact. Let’s go to figure that out together.
Best Ginseng Tea
Bellow is my list of best Ginseng Tea manufactured by best brands you can find at this moment in the market.
In my reviews, I include only products that are reliable and with premium quality, so you can’t go wrong if you buy any of Ginseng tea types bellow.
|Editor’s ranking||Ginseng Tea||Brand|
|#1||Korean Red Ginseng Tea||Auragin|
|#2||American Ginseng Tea||Green Gold Ginseng|
|#3||Panax Ginseng Tea||Prince of Peace|
|#4||Siberian Ginseng Tea||The Herbal Tea|
|#5||Arizona Green Tea with Ginseng||Arizona|
How to Classify Ginseng Tea?
There are various ways to classify Ginseng tea.
One way to classify Ginseng tea is based on its ingredients. But the most widely preferred method is to classify it according to the Ginseng’s origin.
Ginseng is grown majorly in South East Asia. Chinese people were the first to discover and use Ginseng for health benefits. Like Ginseng, Ginseng tea also has million dollar health benefits.
Ginseng tea has a range of health benefits including stress relief, cancer prevention, weight loss, to talk about a few.
I will discuss the health benefits of each type of Ginseng tea in detail here for your better understanding.
What is Ginseng Tea?
I will start with explaining you, what exactly is Ginseng tea. It is a refreshing and stimulating beverage derived from a perennial plant root called Ginseng.
There are various preparations of this tea. You can prepare it with water and Ginseng root. Else, you can also mix Honey and other ingredients in it.
To know what is the best Ginseng tea, you should know what are the various types of this tea.
What are the Types of Ginseng Tea?
There are many ways to classify the Ginseng tea. I am doing the classification based on its origin.
I have listed five popular types of Ginseng tea. All of these have different health benefits and effects. It also depends on the preparation, but you will have a fair idea of each type of tea here.
In my personal reviews for all these types of Ginseng tea, you will get to know about the benefits, precautions, pros and cons of each one.
1. Korean Red Ginseng Tea
You can prepare Korean Red Ginseng tea with Korean red Ginseng. It is also available online to buy. Korean Ginseng is famous all around the world.
You can make Red Ginseng by heating the Panax ginseng. It is either done by exposing the Panax Ginseng to direct sunlight or by steaming it.
I prefer making Red Ginseng by steaming the Panax Ginseng.
Health Benefits of Korean Red Ginseng Tea
- The Korean Red Ginseng Tea is very beneficial for men. It is used to treat erectile dysfunction in men.
- This tea also helps to increase fertility and sexual performance in males.
- It increases libido as well. If you are planning a child, Korean red ginseng Tea can prove to be helpful for you.
- Red Ginseng is beneficial for women as well. It helps in treating the hormone imbalances caused due to menopause.
- Red Ginseng helps in raising the estrogen levels in the blood.
- Apart from this, it also helps in providing energy to the body, lowering blood sugar levels and prevents cancer.
- It has maximum amount of Ginsenosides, thus, maximum benefits
- It provides energy and stamina to the body
- Korean Red Ginseng might cause adverse effects
- Not very helpful in relieving stress and calming the mind
2. American Ginseng Tea
American Ginseng is rich in its contents that help to release stress.
Different types of Ginsenosides have different reactions on the body.
American Ginseng contains Ginsenosides that have a calming and soothing effect on the mind.
American Ginseng Tea is made using American Ginseng extracts.
You can make it at home if you want.
Health Benefits of American Ginseng Tea
- American Ginseng Tea is great as a remedy to relieve stress. When I am stressed, I always rely upon this tea.
- It contains Ginsenosides that calm and relaxes your mind. When you want to enjoy tranquility, you can savor American Ginseng Tea.
- It also boosts your immune system and fights infections.
- Have American Ginseng tea if you are suffering from cold and flu. It will sure relieve you from the throat ache and infection.
- American Ginseng is Central Nervous System depressant. It helps in easing out the cancer pain and fatigue.
- It is less likely to cause adverse effects on the body
- It relieves pain and fights with infections
- Wild American Ginseng is becoming scarce which is why it is expensive
3. Panax Ginseng Tea
Panax Ginseng is another name for Korean Ginseng. It is the same Ginseng which is used to make Korean Red Ginseng.
Panax Ginseng has an array of health benefits. It remains the first type of Ginseng that was discovered and used as a medicine in China.
It is also referred to as a total well-being solution for the body as it has many different benefits.
You can buy the roots of Panax Ginseng to make your own homemade Ginseng tea out of it.
Health Benefits of Panax Ginseng Tea
- Panax Ginseng is useful to increase the work efficiency of your body.
- If you want to improve your concentration and memory, Panax Ginseng Tea will help you do that.
- It improves physical stamina and reduces muscle damage. This is one reason why it is so beneficial for the athletes.
- If you often feel tired or have a chronic fatigue syndrome, Panax Ginseng Tea can surely help.
- Whenever I suffer from stomach inflammation or gastritis, I have Panax Ginseng tea. It relieves gastritis.
- Panax Ginseng prevents your body from a different type of cancers, joint pain, dizziness and a common cold.
- Many health benefits at a time
- Considered as a complete well-being solution to the body
- Help in weight loss and diabetes
- In some people, it might cause gastritis to increase and worsen.
4. Siberian Ginseng Tea
Siberian Ginseng is only related to the Ginseng group. It is not a true Ginseng.
Siberian Ginseng roots do not have Ginsenosides but they have some chemicals acting like Ginsenosides. These chemicals are beneficial to the body in a way.
Siberian Ginseng Tea does not have a lot of benefits like the other variants. I am listing down some known benefits of this tea.
Health Benefits of Siberian Ginseng Tea
- It has anti-viral properties. It can reduce Herpes simplex virus.
- It can also prevent and cure a cold and flu.
- It is rather cheap than the other variants of Ginseng tea
- It has fewer health benefits and more adverse effects
- Side effects of Siberian Ginseng include nervousness, mood swings, and drowsiness
5. Arizona green tea with ginseng
Arizona Green Tea with Ginseng tastes very refreshing.
This particular type of tea is available in tea bags or liquid form. You can take a pick on any kind you like. I always buy the liquid form of this tea.
Health Benefits of Arizona green tea with gisneng
- Having the Arizona Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey will give you instant energy.
- It has a very refreshing taste.
If you need more information, be sure to read my full review of Arizona green tea with ginseng and honey.
- Tasty and energetic
- Easy to use
- You can carry the mini packs anywhere with you
- It is very sweet
- The use of extra sugars makes it unhealthy if you are trying to lose weight
Precautions with Ginseng Tea
- Consult your physician before having Ginseng or Ginseng tea if you are pregnant.
- For people who have high blood pressure, Ginseng can prove to be harmful.
- It is always better to start with small doses of Ginseng tea or Ginseng if you are trying to use it as a medication.
- Consult your physician before giving any form of Ginseng to kids.
- If you notice dizziness, nausea or any discomfort after having Ginseng, stop the use.
Where to buy pure Ginseng?
As you already noticed, Ginseng is very expensive, and buying this herb from proven brand is very important, because you eventually can even be scammed. In this post I reveal and review the best Ginseng brands for powder, root and supplements.
Korean Ginseng tea has the maximum health benefits because it has Korean Ginseng extracts. You already know what are the benefits of Korean Ginseng.
Having said that, if you are looking out to calm your mind, then American Ginseng tea will serve better. So it also depends on upon the end use.
You can buy Ginseng that is blended with green tea and other ingredients as well. If you are trying to lose weight with the help of Ginseng tea, better is to prepare it at home.
You can use different types of Ginseng based on their health benefits. I will not recommend you to use Siberian Ginseng or Siberian Ginseng tea. It has a lot of adverse effects.
I hope with this article, you get to know which is the best Ginseng tea for your health requirements. Useful information is always better when you share it.
So if you like this article, share it with your friends and let me know your thoughts or queries in the comments below.