- Review of: Herbalife Formula 1, meal replacement shake manufactured by Herbalife.
- Price/Serving: $1.13
- Calories: 90
- Protein: 9g
- Carbs/Sugar: 13g/9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Flavors: Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla, Mocha, Cookies
- Price: For a 30serving tub, you only spend $35, making each shake an extremely affordable $1.17 per shake. That’s an incredible value!
- Hunger Blockers: Honestly, this just doesn’t do it. The shake has 3-4 grams of fiber per serving, and that’s not enough. It’s not so much a “shake” as it is a “milk flavoring packet.”
- Nutrition: While the shake is low in calories, which is great, it lacks pretty much everything else.
- Taste: The taste was more like milk with a “vitamin-y” aftertaste. When I tried the Allergen Free, it was even worse. To be honest, it was pretty bad.
- Gluten free
- Contains insulin, great probiotic
- Contains only 90 calories, which is great for weight loos
- Lack of flavours, thus bad taste
- Low fiber level
- High carbs/sugar ratio
Skipping regular meals for meal replacement shakes is for many people a beneficial choice.
These shakes are portable, quick, low in calories, convenient, which means they help people reach their weight loss and health goals more effectively.
There is a multitude of various meal replacement and protein shakes to choose from, and it is necessary to weigh the pros and cons of each product, in order to get the best results.
In this article, the focus in on the Herbalife Formula 1 shake and I’ll try to give an honest and straightforward review of this product.
What is the Herbalife Formula 1 Shake?
The Herbalife Formula 1 Shake is a meal replacement shake that includes fiber, protein, essential nutrients that help to support cellular growth repair and production, as well as support healthy metabolism. This shake is ideal for people who don’t have the time or desire to eat a substantial meal, and it can also be used as pre-workout or post-workout shake.
The Herbalife Formula 1 Shake is formulated by Herbalife. It contains 9 grams of high-quality soy protein, and when semi-skimmed milk is added then the protein will add up to 19-21 grams. The shake contains lots of vital nutrients, such as vitamins E and C. The shake is nutritious and healthy, it can be taken either with rice milk, semi-skimmed milk, and yogurt or fruit juice.
These are all good reasons why you should use this product. It has all the benefits and qualities that a proper meal replacement shake should have.
The Company behind Herbalife Formula 1 Shake
The Herbalife Formula 1 Shake is made by Herbalife, which is a well-known and highly respected company. It is a global nutrition company that has been producing high-quality products since 1980. When compared to many other diet companies then Herbalife is a real company with real history.
The personal care, energy and fitness, weight-management and nutrition products are available in more than 90 countries through the exclusive and dedicated Independent Herbalife Members. According to the company, it is committed to offering high-quality products to combat the obesity crisis and also provide one-on-one coaching to inspire customers to live an active and healthy life.
The company also supports the HFF (the Herbalife Family Foundation) and the Casa Herbalife programs to bring good nutrition to the children who need it. Herbalife sponsors over 190-world-class teams, athletes and various events around the world, including LA Galaxy, Cristiano Ronaldo and various other sports and champions. The company also has over 7,800 employees over the world and in 2014 the net sales for Herbalife were 5 billion dollars.
Herbalife Formula 1 Shake Pros
- This shake is certified gluten free, and as you might have seen from the list of ingredients, it also contains soy protein isolate and fructose. It is necessary to point out that the vast majority of the protein is derived from soy, although the product label says “Milk and Soy.” The reason being that soy is first on the list, and casein (milk protein) is 9-th on the list. Whether the soy is genetically modified is not mentioned on the label itself.
- The shake contains inulin, which is prebiotic that helps to promote the growth of healthy flora. Prebiotics is food for the probiotic bacteria. Of course, the shake offers many of the well-known benefits that much other meal replacement shakes offer.
- For example in 2010, the researchers from the University of Ulm published a study in the “Diabetes/Metabolism Research and Reviews.” It was concluded that the participants who used meal replacement shakes lost more weight in a year than those participants who reduced their calories without the shakes. Since a serving of the Herbalife Formula 1 Shake contains only 90 calories (170 calories when using milk), then it is certainly effective for weight loss.
- Meal replacement shakes are, of course, nutritious, but according to registered dietitian Katherine Zeratsky from the Mayo Clinic, these shakes cannot provide all the nutritional components of whole foods, which is understandable. There are also added benefits such as convenience, sustainability and so on.
Herbalife Formula 1 Shake Cons
- There are also several drawbacks to using meal replacing shakes. The regulations governing and regulating meal replacement shakes is not very strict, and you must read the labels very carefully to be aware of the sometimes over-hyped and excessive marketing.
- Some of the people do not like the taste and the price for this product can also be high for many people. It is crucial to enjoying the taste of the shakes, and if you don’t like the taste then it defeats the purpose.
- You are not guaranteed to lose weight with this product if your overall diet plan and exercise program are lacking. Some people have gained weight when using these shakes.
Herbalife Formula 1 Shake Results – Does it Work?
The Herbalife Formula 1 Shake is not any worse or better than much other meal replacement shakes out there. The ingredients are not anything extreme, and if people want to use it as a meal replacement then I am all for it.
The point of using this kind of shakes is to replace high-calorie meals with these low-calorie shakes. If they are used in a proper way, then they do work. If you consume a total of 2500 calories per day and eat four meals a day, then it would add up to an average of 625 calories per meal. If you replace one meal of 625 calories with the Herbalife Formula 1 Shake of 90 calories (2 scoops), then you win 535 calories.
This is how these shakes should be used, and if they help you reach the calorie deficit then of course you will lose weight.
Herbalife Formula 1 Shake Side Effects
A few words about the side-effects of the Herbalife Formula 1 Shake as well. It is pretty evident that soy is now GMO affected. Even so-called “organic” brands could be also contaminated by GMO.
The Agave syrup has high amounts of fructose, which can be quite harmful if it is consumed in excess.
For example, it can cause calories to be stored as fat and fructose doesn’t get used as “energy units” in the way that glucose, for example, is used. Because of that it encourages insulin resistance and fructose is not really suitable for dieters and diabetics.
How does Herbalife Shake Compare with Others?
I’ve conducted a full research on comparsion of Herbalife Shake with IsaLean Shake for more details.
Herbalife Formula 1 Shake Directions – How To Take and Dosage
You need to blend or stir 25 grams or 2 scoops of the Formula 1 with 8 ounces of water, soy milk or nonfat milk. You can also add ice and fresh fruit. Of course, you can make your shakes for some more variety and flavor. For example: BANANA BREAD SHAKE
- 1 cup of nonfat milk or some other milk product
- Two scoops of Formula 1 mix
- Dash of cinnamon
- Half a ripe banana
- A handful of ice cubes
- 1 Tablespoon of walnuts
- 2-3 drops of vanilla
Put all of he ingredients into the blender and blend until the ice is crushed. Serve right away, garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon, slice of banana or a couple of walnuts. You can find many other tasty and attractive recipes online as well.
Short Summary of Herbalife shake review
In conclusion, I would like to say that every person should think whether they need to use a meal replacement shake in the first place. Are the benefits you get from such a product worth it? Is the price comfortable for you?
The Herbalife Formula 1 Shake has received a rating of 4.1 out of 5 from Amazon. Lots of people have liked it and have got great results with it while others have not liked it, especially the taste, and have not got results from it. Every person is different, and this product might well work for you. You don’t lose anything if you try this product and if it doesn’t work for you then don’t buy it again.
There might be some concerns about the GMO content and some other artificial additives, such as fructose, that are used in the product. But the vast majority of people eat foods that are already genetically modified and contain lots of artificial additives. So it is not a huge problem in that sense.