- Review of: Herbalife Formula 1, meal replacement shake manufactured by Herbalife.
- Price/Serving: $1.13
- Calories: 90
- Protein: 9g
- Carbs/Sugar: 13g/9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Flavors: Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla, Mocha, Cookies
- Price: For a 30serving tub, you only spend $35, making each shake an extremely affordable $1.17 per shake. That’s an incredible value!
- Hunger Blockers: Honestly, this doesn’t do it. The shake has 3-4 grams of fiber per serving, and that’s not enough. It’s not so much a “shake” as it is a “milk flavoring packet.”
- Nutrition: While the shake is low in calories, which is great, it lacks pretty much everything else.
- Taste: The taste was more like milk with a “vitamin-y” aftertaste. When I tried Allergen Free, it was even worse. It was pretty bad.
- It contains insulin, a great probiotic
- It contains only 90 calories, which is great for weight loss
- Lack of flavors, thus bad taste
- Low fiber level
- High carbs/sugar ratio
Skipping regular meals for meal replacement shakes is, for many people, a beneficial choice.
These shakes are portable, quick, low in calories, convenient, which means they help people reach their weight loss and health goals more effectively.
There are many meal replacement and protein shakes to choose from, and it is necessary to weigh the pros and cons of each product to get the best results.
In this article, the focus is on the Herbalife Formula 1 shake, and I’ll try to give an honest and straightforward review of this product.
What is the Herbalife Formula 1 Shake?
The Herbalife Formula 1 Shake is a meal replacement shake that includes fiber, protein, essential nutrients that help support cellular growth repair and production and support a healthy metabolism. This shake is ideal for people who don’t have the time or desire to eat a substantial meal, and it can also be used as a pre-workout or post-workout shake.
Herbalife formulates the Herbalife Formula 1 Shake. It contains 9 grams of high-quality soy protein, and when semi-skimmed milk is added, the protein will add up to 19-21 grams. The shake contains lots of vital nutrients, such as vitamins E and C. The shake is nutritious and healthy; it can be taken either with rice milk, semi-skimmed milk, and yogurt or fruit juice.
These are all good reasons why you should use this product. It has all the benefits and qualities that a proper meal replacement shake should have.
The Company behind Herbalife Formula 1 Shake
The Herbalife Formula 1 Shake is made by Herbalife, which is a well-known and highly respected company. It is a global nutrition company that has been producing high-quality products since 1980. When compared to many other diet companies then Herbalife is a real company with real history.
Personal care, energy and fitness, weight-management, and nutrition products are available in more than 90 countries through the exclusive and dedicated Independent Herbalife Members. According to the company, it is committed to offering high-quality products to combat the obesity crisis and provides one-on-one coaching to inspire customers to live an active and healthy life.
The company also supports the HFF (the Herbalife Family Foundation) and the Casa Herbalife programs to bring good nutrition to the children who need it. Herbalife sponsors over 190-world-class teams, athletes, and various events worldwide, including LA Galaxy, Cristiano Ronaldo, and various other sports and champions. The company also has over 7,800 employees worldwide, and in 2014 the net sales for Herbalife were 5 billion dollars.
Herbalife Formula 1 Shake Pros
- This shake is certified gluten-free, and as you might have seen from the list of ingredients, it also contains soy protein isolate and fructose. It is necessary to point out that the vast majority of the protein is derived from soy, although the product label says “Milk and Soy.” The reason is that soy is first on the list, and casein (milk protein) is 9-th. Whether the soy is genetically modified is not mentioned on the label itself.
- The shake contains inulin, which is a prebiotic that helps to promote the growth of healthy flora. Prebiotics is food for probiotic bacteria. Of course, the shake offers many of the well-known benefits that many other meal replacement shakes offer.
- For example, in 2010, the researchers from the University of Ulm published a study in the “Diabetes/Metabolism Research and Reviews.” It was concluded that the participants who used meal replacement shakes lost more weight in a year than those participants who reduced their calories without the shakes. Since a serving of the Herbalife Formula 1 Shake contains only 90 calories (170 calories when using milk), it is certainly effective for weight loss.
- Meal replacement shakes are, of course, nutritious. Still, according to registered dietitian Katherine Zeratsky from the Mayo Clinic, these shakes cannot provide all the nutritional components of whole foods, which is understandable. There are also added benefits such as convenience, sustainability, and so on.
Herbalife Formula 1 Shake Cons
- There are also several drawbacks to using meal replacing shakes. The regulations governing and regulating meal replacement shakes are not very strict. You must read the labels very carefully to be aware of the sometimes over-hyped and excessive marketing.
- Some people do not like the taste, and the price for this product can also be high for many people. It is crucial to enjoying the taste of the shakes, and if you don’t like the taste, it defeats the purpose.
- You are not guaranteed to lose weight with this product if your overall diet plan and exercise program are lacking. Some people have gained weight when using these shakes.
Herbalife Formula 1 Shake Results – Does it Work?
The Herbalife Formula 1 Shake is not any worse or better than many other meal replacement shakes out there. The ingredients are not anything extreme, and if people want to use them as a meal replacement, then I am all for it.
The point of using this kind of shakes is to replace high-calorie meals with these low-calorie shakes. If they are used properly, then they do work. If you consume 2500 calories per day and eat four meals a day, it would add up to an average of 625 calories per meal. If you replace one meal of 625 calories with the Herbalife Formula 1 Shake of 90 calories (2 scoops), you win 535 calories.
This is how these shakes should be used, and if they help you reach the calorie deficit, then, of course, you will lose weight.
Herbalife Formula 1 Shake Side Effects
A few words about the side-effects of the Herbalife Formula 1 Shake as well. Soy is now GMO affected. GMOs could also contaminate even so-called “organic” brands.
Agave syrup has high amounts of fructose, which can be quite harmful if consumed excessively.
For example, it can cause calories to be stored as fat, and fructose doesn’t get used as “energy units” in the way that glucose, for example, is used. Because of that, it encourages insulin resistance, and fructose is not really suitable for dieters and diabetics.
How does Herbalife Shake Compare with Others?
I’ve conducted comprehensive research on the comparison of Herbalife Shake with IsaLean Shake for more details.
Herbalife Formula 1 Shake Directions – How To Take and Dosage
You need to blend or stir 25 grams or 2 scoops of Formula 1 with 8 ounces of water, soy milk, or nonfat milk. You can also add ice and fresh fruit. Of course, you can make your shakes for some more variety and flavor. For example BANANA BREAD SHAKE
- 1 cup of nonfat milk or some other milk product
- Two scoops of Formula 1 mix
- Dash of cinnamon
- Half a ripe banana
- A handful of ice cubes
- 1 Tablespoon of walnuts
- 2-3 drops of vanilla
Put all of the ingredients into the blender and blend until the ice is crushed. Serve right away, garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon, a slice of banana, or a couple of walnuts. You can find many other tasty and attractive recipes online as well.
Short Summary of Herbalife shake review
In conclusion, I would like to say that every person should think about whether they need to use a meal replacement shake in the first place. Are the benefits you get from such a product worth it? Is the price comfortable for you?
The Herbalife Formula 1 Shake has received a rating of 4.1 out of 5 from Amazon. Many people have liked it and have got great results with it while others have not liked it, especially the taste, and have not gotten results from it. Every person is different, and this product might well work for you. You don’t lose anything if you try this product, and if it doesn’t work for you, don’t repurchase it.
There might be some concerns about the GMO content and some other artificial additives, such as fructose, used in the product. But the vast majority of people eat foods that are already genetically modified and contain lots of artificial additives. So it is not a huge problem in that sense.