What’s a milkshake without ice cream, don’t you think?
You may have run short of ice cream, or the husband forgot to take the list to the supermarket.
Do not fret! There is a solution for you to enjoy the wonders of a milkshake without ice cream.
It can still be a delicious and satisfying treat, with a few creative workarounds.
What You’ll Need To Make a Milkshake?
- Ingredients. This is of course the most important part of any milkshake, isn’t it 🙂 ?
- Blender. We usually all have these in our kitchens, but in case you don’t have one, I have few recipe versions that will work with ice bag also (link to my best blenderspost).
- (Optional) Additional Ingredients like: meal replacement powder, protein powder or natural herb in form of powder. These are optional if you wish to add additional nutritional and healthy value to the milkshake. For example, if you are on muscle building regime, then you should look for additional protein intake.
6 Homemade Recipes: Milkshake Without Ice Cream
To eat more health-consciously, you don’t even have to give up old favorites like milkshakes.
Here are the very best list of mine Milkshakes without Ice Cream recipes:
Strawberry Milkshake Without Ice Cream
Strawberries (lat. Fragaria) are lovely fruits and many people really like its flavors as well.
Particularly throughout the strawberry season, lots of people have strawberry plants somewhere in their lawn, and they just love harvesting them all up.
And so, what could be much more fabulous to do with these freshly harvested ripe strawberries than preparing a rejuvenating milkshake?
Maybe there’s not a thing more healthy and scrumptious!
Strawberry milkshakes regularly soothe our hot summer time.
Get energized and refreshed through this fabulous strawberry milkshake recipe for you!
Strawberry Milkshake Recipe Without Ice Cream
- 4 cups hulled strawberries (preferably fresh)
- two cups milk
- two teaspoons white sugar
- Start preparing your blender and all of the outlined ingredients.
- Integrate hulled strawberries, milk, white sugar, inside your blender. Mix for around 5 minutes or until finally mixture becomes combined and creamy.
- Serve in individual glasses and you may also top a dollop or two of vanilla right before drinking your strawberry milkshake.
- Shed several fresh strawberries and then serve instantly.
Have fun with this refreshing summer season!
Chocolate Milkshake Without Ice Cream
Milkshakes are easy family fun.
Your basic recipe is just ice cream, milk, and whatever flavoring item you want to be tossed into a blender and mixed.
From there you can upgrade to more than one flavor of ice cream, fancy blenders, and exotic add-ins.
Here, we are going to discuss how we can prepare a healthy chocolate milkshake without ice cream in four simple steps.
Chocolate Milkshake Recipe Without Ice Cream
- Milk – 1 cup
- Cocoa powder – 1 tablespoon
- Chocolate syrup – 2-3 tablespoons
- Your favorite chocolate energy drink powder – 2 tablespoons
- Sugar – optional and as per your requirement
- Whipped cream
Once you have all these ingredients, you are all set to make your favorite chocolate milkshake in just four simple steps. And guess what! This is going to be healthy too!
- Step 1: Bring all the ingredients together
Make sure you are decked up with all the ingredients before you begin to make your chocolate milkshake. If you miss any of the above in the ingredients, you will not be able to get the desired results.
- Step 2: Put all ingredients into the blender
Pour the milk followed by the cocoa powder, chocolate syrup, sugar and your energy drink powder. Blend all this for about when the ingredients mix and are in a consistent form. If the mixture is too runny, then you might see a layer of froth above the milkshake. If you are not very fond of this, then you might want to get rid of this before you serve it.An experiment like this may bring out the best energy drink for your kids!
- Step 4: Serve in a glass
Pour the chocolate milkshake in a glass. You can also pour some chocolate syrup on the walls of the glass to make it look exciting for your kids.
- Step 5: Garnish it
Once you have this in the glass, it is time for you to garnish it; this is the most interesting part! You can be innovative to try different things here. Banana goes well with chocolate shakes; so you might want to cut half a banana into small pieces and place it on the surface with some whipped cream. You can also add whipped cream topped up with chocolate shavings or nuts.
Drinking milk is not as pleasant for every child, and so you might have to put some efforts like this to befriend them to milk.
This is much better a form than a regular cup of warm milk.
There are several things one can perform to serve milk in an interesting and exciting way.
The healthy chocolate milkshake is just one of them.
Vanilla Milkshake Without Yogurt
You are probably used to the great taste of Vanilla Milkshake with ice cream as one of the key ingredients.
But, how do you prepare Vanilla Milkshake without ice cream and still enjoy nothing short of that great taste?
I’ll describe quick steps to follow and also share with you the recipe just in case ice cream is not for you or not readily available and you need to serve Vanilla Milkshake.
In less than 10 minutes, your homemade Milkshake would be ready to serve.
Vanilla Milkshake Recipe Without Ice Cream
- One (1) tea spoon of vanilla extract
- Two (2) cups of milk
- Between 10- 15 ice cubes
- Three quarter (3/4) cup of sugar
Note: Any type of milk may be used but note that the thickness of your milkshake would depend largely on the type of milk you use. However, for our own purpose here, we’ll use whole milk. So much sugar is being used in order not to loose that sweet taste of a conventional milkshake with ice cream.
- Get a clean Blender and mix up 2 cups of your whole milk with 1 tea spoon of vanilla extract. Blend the two ingredients for not more than 20 seconds.
- Measure out 3/4 cup of granulated sugar and mix with the content of the blender for another 5 seconds.
- Select not more than 15 ice cubes (already crushed) and blend together with the mixture.
Your vanilla milkshake should have a sweet and creamy taste. You might want to serve it when it is still chilled. You could also get creative by adding some other flavours. A good one would be chocolate. Vanilla milkshake without ice cream can go well with snacks and some other fast foods.
The recipe and steps described above is one of the easiest and fastest but there are few other ways of preparing vanilla milkshake without ice cream.
Alternate Recipe: Coffee with Vanilla Milkshake without Ice Cream
For those coffee lovers these days, here’s a good news just for you!
You would not miss the newest trends this summer time as your obsession is high up in the current market.
Summer is an awesome time, but it’s just overly warm for your steaming cup of coffee, right?
However, there’s no need to be troubled because caffeine fans may continue to indulge in their regular cup of coffee with a rejuvenating, nicer style – the coffee milkshake!
You can continually accomplish your thing and routines in your day together with this coffee much cooler right within your hands.
Discover how to get this to coffee milkshake for your summer season.
- One teaspoon instant coffee granules (any brand you choose)
- one teaspoon vanilla extract
- two teaspoons chocolate syrup (optional)
- cup of milk
- two teaspoons white sugar (you could add more if you wish)
- Get the blender and then add in instant coffee, vanilla extract, chocolate syrup, milk, white sugar, and also ice cubes.
- Blend for 3-6 minutes or right up until milkshake is creamy and smooth.
- Transfer to a glass, and you may bring in a dose of chocolate syrup.
- Serve instantly
Peanut Butter Milkshake Without Ice Cream
Peanut butter milkshake has always been great whether in the morning or evening. This rich, creamy treat may be made using simple products rather than the ice cream in your fridge.
Made of cocoa powder, natural peanut butter, and frozen bananas, this milkshake is not too sluggish like the traditional ice cream shake. You can use peanut butter instead of your favorite nut butter or even substitute the cocoa for caffeine-free dessert.
Peanut Butter Milkshake Recipe Without Ice Cream
- 2 frozen bananas
- 3/4 cup of almond milk either store-bought or homemade
- 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup but this is optional
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of natural peanut butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Put this mixture of ingredients into a high powered blender and blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. The result will be excellent, and you may be required to add some more almond milk to facilitate the blending process further. Feel free to top it off with some whipped cherry until it suits you.
Freezing the bananas whole is ideal when it comes to breaking them into the required pieces. Now, bananas have amazing health benefits. This snack provides carbohydrates in the form of quick releasing sugars necessary for energy production. They also contain potassium that is crucial for those engaging in physical duties.
Health Benefits of Peanut Butter Milkshake
Bananas (lat. Musa): Freezing the bananas whole is ideal when it comes to breaking them into the required pieces. Now, bananas have amazing health benefits. This snack provides carbohydrates in the form of quick releasing sugars necessary for energy production. They also contain potassium that is crucial for those engaging in physical duties.
Peanut: Peanuts contain monounsaturated fats necessary for heart health. They also contain vitamin E and new research says that peanuts are rich in antioxidants just like many fruits.
Cocoa: Although many cocoa products are unhealthy, it is due to the addition of substances like sugar. Cocoa contains 25 calories and 1.5 g of fat only. The rest is magnesium and iron which are rich enough and produce antioxidants that help fight cancer and heart diseases.
Vanilla: Vanilla is a natural antioxidant that protects the body from radicals and toxins while almond milk is rich in proteins.
Maple Syrup: Maple syrup is also an antioxidant that protects the body from heart diseases and maintains a healthier immune system.
Oreo Milkshake Without Yogurt
Each recipe calls for milk. However, you can use heavy cream for a thicker consistency, or if you are lactose intolerant or have a dairy allergy, soy milk or almond milk will work well as a delicious substitute.
Don’t have a blender either? There is a hack for that! Just use a heavy-duty zip lock bag. You don’t want to share and just want one for yourself? No problem. You can make one in a glass, just for you.
If you are lucky enough to have whipped the cream at the ready, you can top any of them off and stick a half an Oreo into the whipped cream at a playful angle. A professional looking, homemade milkshake!
Oreo Milkshake Recipe Without Ice Cream
1. BLENDER STYLE VERSION
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk, 1 teaspoon (5 g) vanilla extract, and chocolate syrup (if you like)
- 6 crushed/smashed Oreo cookie
- Blend for 15 seconds
- Put 3/4 cup (100 g) of sugar into the blender (optional)
- Blend for 5 to 10 seconds
- Add the ice. (pre-crushed works best)
- Blend for 5 seconds
- Serve with a whole Oreo on the top!
2. IN A BAG VERSION
Get a large freezer bag with a secure zip lock. Pour all ingredients and shake them together. Did I mention the bag’s ziplock needs to be secure – this is why.
- 2 cups which is 475 ml of milk or half-and-half
- 1 tsp (5 g) sugar
- 12 ice cubes
- Dash containing vanilla extract(optional)
- 6 crushed/smashed Oreo cookies
- Chocolate syrup or another flavor (if you like and to taste)
- Shake well and serve!
3. With crushed ice (by the glass) VERSION
Blend in a glass with a spoon:
- Glass of milk
- Chocolate or flavored syrup
- One crushed/smashed Oreo cookie
- Crushed ice
- Stir and serve!
You see! With a little ingenuity, that Oreo milkshake can be whipped up in no time… even without the ice cream. Enjoy!
Banana Milkshake Without Yogurt
Trying to adapt to a more health-conscious style of cooking without sacrificing your favorite treats?
It’s very simple to enjoy your usual favorites, including certain desserts, but with cleaner and greener ingredients.
Frozen bananas are a great substitution when craving a creamy, frozen dessert.
When frozen, bananas change in texture and can mimic the velvety, consistency of traditional ice cream.
Frozen bananas are a great blank slate to create healthy desserts or even breakfast smoothies.
Banana Milkshake Recipe Without Ice Cream
Below is a recipe for a banana-based milkshake inspired by a chocolate-raspberry flavor that can easily be remixed with different fruits and additions to provide a satisfying and healthy dessert, with this milkshake you won’t even miss the ice cream!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut chocolate spread such as Nutella
- Cut banana into chunks and place in a plastic bag. Place in freezer until the banana chunks are the consistency of ice cubes.
- Place banana chunks, fresh raspberries, and Nutella or other hazelnut chocolate spread in a blender.
- Blend on high until banana chunks have been completely pureed.
- Pour into glass and enjoy.
With frozen chunks of bananas, you can easily make an imitation of any of your favorite milkshakes.
Want a chocolate mint milkshake? Add chocolate, and fresh mint leaves instead.
Craving something fruitier? Simply combine frozen bananas with other fresh fruits such as blueberries or blackberries for a berry-inspired milkshake.
Learning how to utilize frozen banana as a go-to dessert or snack ingredient will help you make fresh, delicious and healthy treats that are free from the sugars and fats in traditional ice cream.
Now that you’re familiar with the many uses of frozen bananas you can go forth and experiment with your new flavors and combinations that will quickly become new favorites.