Best Turmeric Recipes for Treating Eczema
Eczema is a condition that affects the skin. Most of the common symptom of eczema is dermatitis or inflammation of the skin. It is a disease that affects any age group and may last for a lifetime.
Sometimes if in children it may get out doomed by the individual's immunity as they grow up.
Living with this skin condition can be a tough process to cope with. It may sometimes cause depression to the individual due to continued suffering from the condition.
Eczema may or may not be treatable, but it will depend on the type of medication that you are introduced to or the effectiveness of the treatment plan.
Different individuals respond differently to the treatment plans available.
Treatment with the use of turmeric has been proven to be most effective in the treatment of eczema in both children and adults (1).
In this article, I will go through some of the important recipes that will help you treat eczema. Some of the treatment plans doctors are giving do not necessarily work since some of them may or may not be genuine. Getting the best treatment plan for your eczema will be the only way out to treat the condition completely.
Symptoms of Eczema
If you have never encountered an individual with the skin condition or you suspect that you may be suffering from a kind condition that you do not understand.
It is important to note how the disease presents itself and how you can be able to manage it.
These are some of the clinical presentations of eczema:
- Healing and breaking of the skin regularly
- Itching that has relapses
- Blotchy red skin
- Scales with patches and oozing
- Insomnia caused by the itchiness
- Dry skin
- Vision problems
- Frequent infections
Eczema is mostly contributed to a compromised immune system of the victim.
This gives the disease an easy time to grow and may become chronic if not controlled in time.
It is always necessary to quickly respond to any suspected skin conditions that may be affecting you or someone you may know. This is to help the victim treat the condition successfully.
Turmeric for Eczema
Turmeric is a spice that is commonly used in curries and other South Asian cuisines.
Its active ingredient is curcumin which has been proven to treat eczema in both children and adults (2).
It has been used for many years now to make treatment plans for people suffering from eczema.
It is, however, important to note that not all individuals that have the skin condition respond the same way.
This is because of the difference in the genetic make-up of the individuals which make it difficult to treat the disease in patients who have a low response to the ingredient.
Beside positive effects on eczema, Turmeric has been proven to be effective in many other health issues.
The Best Turmeric to Buy and Use
- This Liposomal Turmeric (Luquid Form) with Fulvic Acid is the most popular among our readers because it provides 185 times better absorption.
If you are looking for other forms of turmeric then checkout this post where I have compared the best turmeric brands you can buy.
Recipe 1: Turmeric Face Mask for Eczema
This face mask illuminates your skin, reduces pores, destroys acne and eczema, but also relieves redness and inflammation.
Turmeric face mask excellent in the fight against aging, it removes wrinkles, leaving the skin soft and smooth.
- small bowl, teaspoon, spoon
- almond oil
- Mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric with 2 tablespoons of flour in a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of almond oil and about 3-4 tablespoons of milk. The aim is to make the mixture not too liquid.
- Mix all the ingredients to get a homogeneous mixture.
- Your turmeric mask is ready for use. Apply it on your face and leave it for 20 minutes. Then rinse with warm water.
1. Before using this mask keep in mind that you should take care of eyebrows, hair and eyelashes.
2. You can use this mask up to 2 times daily until you get rid of eczema.
Recipe 2: Turmeric Tea - The Golden Milk for Eczema
The famous Turmeric golden milk tea is good to consume because it is one of the most powerful anti-oxidants and beside eczema it is useful for better digestion and immune function.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 piece of fresh turmeric root, peeled and grated
- 1 piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- A pinch ground turmeric
- Mix the turmeric root, ginger root, and honey together in a bowl that can withstand the crushing of the roots. Crush them together as much as possible
- Heat the almond milk in a pan over medium-low heat. Once small air bubbles start to form around the edges, reduce the heat to low. Transfer about 2 tablespoons of milk to the turmeric mixture. This is to allow the mixture of turmeric to soften and the honey melt into a paste-like mixture
- Mix the turmeric paste into milk in the pan and raise the heat temperatures to be medium-low and cook. Keep stirring continuously to make a uniform mixture. Blend with an immersion blender for a smooth texture.
- Pour the turmeric tea into a mug and top up with ground turmeric and cinnamon.
- This should be ready for consumption, note that for young children and pregnant mothers it is advised to see a physician before taking the turmeric.
1. You can make this tea with other milk types as well.
2. Turmeric taste can be really disgusting
3. If you are pregnant or nursing than you should always first consult your doctor prior consuming this drink.
4. Children can drink this tea also.
These recipes will have a natural impact on your health and in the treatment of eczema.
If you want to get the best turmeric for eczema, you need to visit a dermatologist who will be able to give you the best professional advice on which treatment plan will best work for you.
Since the disease is associated with compromised immunity natural turmeric for eczema should be recommended for most patients.
This is to ensure a long lasting treatment for the condition. If the immunity of the individual is improved, he/ she may be able to beat the disease.
Please share your experience with usage of turmeric for beating the eczema bellow in the comments!