- Review of: Advocare Shake, manufactured by AdvoCare.
- Price/Serving: $3.21 (see the lowest price)
- Calories: 220
- Protein: 24g
- Carbs/Sugar: 24g/12g
- Fiber: 6g
- Flavors: Chocolate, Chocolate Mocha, Vanilla, Berry
- Price. A 14 day supply costs $39.99, which is somewhere in the middle price-wise.
- Hunger Blockers. In terms of hunger blocking, each shake includes 5 grams of fiber, which is definitely one of the best ways to suppress hunger. But It simply wasn’t enough for me.
- Nutrition. Due to the 24 grams of protein, the shake borders on leaving the meal replacement category for the protein shake category.
- Taste. I have definitely tried some shakes that tasted better, but I have also tried a few that tasted way worse.
- 24 grams of protein
- Solid dietary fiber – 6g
- 26 minerals and vitamins
- Low-calorie count & low sugar
- 1:1 ratio, carbs vs. protein
- low in sodium and fats
- 12 grams of sugar per serving
- Upper-cost price, $3.2 per meal
Due to the hectic and busy lifestyle that most people live and the need for people to lose weight and get healthy, meal replacement shakes have become popular.
For many people to lose weight and improve their health, they need such supplements because there is no time, desire, or energy to cook healthy meals, and having lunch in diners or restaurants is also unhealthy most of the time time-consuming.
The Advocare Shake is one of the top products on the market, and I decided to make an honest review of this product to inform people about this particular product.
What is the Advocare Shake?
The Advocare Shake is easy to make, and just like many other meal replacement shakes, it offers a powerful combination of minerals, vitamins, carbohydrates, proteins, and fibers.
It does not matter how pressed for time you are; you can always get one of these shakes is and get the nutrients and energy you need.
It has 210-220 calories per serving with 26 minerals and vitamins; they are easy to digest and a great addition to anyone’s weight management program.
The Advocare Shake gives you 24 grams of easily digestible protein, and when it is used as an alternative to high-calorie foods, it helps lower body fat.
This shake has a 1:1 ratio of carbohydrates and proteins, and studies have shown that this 1:1 ratio provides sustained energy and supports healthy weight loss.
What are Advocare Benefits?
One of the major benefits of the Advocare Shake is that it is an effective appetite blocker, thanks to the 5-6 grams of fiber and also the 24 grams of protein, which is very high for a meal replacement shake.
The extra protein will help you feel fuller for longer, and drinking these shakes will eliminate the need for constant snacking.
The nutrient content of this shake is also awe-inspiring.
It is full of over 26 minerals and vitamins; it is low in sodium and fat.
The shake also has over 50 percent of the daily value of calcium, which equals about 500 mg of calcium.
It is an important mineral because it helps to strengthen teeth bones and aids with weight loss, and boosts metabolism as well.
Key benefits of the Advocare Shake:
- Balanced meal for optimal weight and nutrition management
- 24 grams of easily digestible complete proteins
- High in dietary fiber (5-6 grams per serving)
- 26 minerals and vitamins
- 1:1 ratio of carbohydrates and proteins
- Low in sodium and fats
- 50% of the daily value of calcium
What are Advocare Drawbacks?
- It is pretty high in calories, which is around 220 calories per serving, and it also contains 12 grams of sugar per serving.
- There are meal replacement shakes that have a lower calorie and sugar content than this one.
- For about $45, you will get 14 servings of the shake, which comes to about $3.20 per meal.
- This is not hugely expensive but still at the higher end of the scale.
- You might be getting a high-quality and nutritious shake, but maybe for some, the price is a bit too much if the budget is tight.
- This meal replacement shake comes in 4 different flavors: berry, vanilla, chocolate, and chocolate mocha.
- The shake is a bit thick, and the overall taste is not that bad, but other shakes taste better.
- If you had to consume this shake daily, then the taste would become a factor.
- Another drawback of this shake is the potentially bloated and gassy effects it has on some people. There have been customers who have had these issues, and although it does not happen to everyone, it is something to keep in mind.
What are Advocare Side Effects?
This shake contains ingredients that are not perfect and can cause many potential side effects for people.
This shake is high in artificial flavors, sucralose, and crystalline fructose. These ingredients do have some more serious and less serious health risks associated with them.
Fructose, for example, has been shown, by studies performed by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, to contribute to cardiovascular disease, depletion of vitamins and minerals, obesity, and insulin resistance.
Sucralose, a synthetic additive created by chlorinating sugar, has been shown to cause muscle aches, skin rashes, headaches, stomach issues, and more.
Many grocery stores and retail stores have banned products containing sucralose.
Artificial flavors have also been linked to many side effects like fatigue, chest pain, dizziness, allergies, and more.
The quantities of these substances in this shake are tiny, and for most people shouldn’t cause such side effects, but for more sensitive people, some or many of these side effects could occur.
Advocare Directions – How to Take and Dosage
You need to add 9 ounces of cold water and blend, then shake and stir.
A standard water bottle is about 9 ounces of water, by the way.
You can also experiment with other liquids, such as milk or Greek yogurt, if you don’t like the taste of the shake with water, but you should start with water.
The Challenge Kit of the Advocare shake includes 14 shake packets, which is enough for 1 per day.
Advocare recommends taking this as a replacement for breakfast.
You can also experiment yourself, and it can also be suitable for lunch because people tend to have very little time for lunch.
Advocare 24 Day Challenge & 10 Day Cleanse Diet
Advocare motivates their customers with full challenge plans that need to be implemented to gain full results from taking Advocare products.
Advocare Results – Does it Work?
Yes, if meal replacement shakes are used as prescribed, then they do work for sure.
Meal replacement shakes, such as the Advocare shake, are meant for people and can be benefited the most by people who:
- Want a nutritious meal on the go
- Seek a nutritionally balanced meal that is low in calories to complement their diet and exercise program
- Find to lose and maintain weight in a healthy manner
- Have limited gastric capacity or require light and easy-to-digest meals
- Look for additional sources of protein to their diet
- Want to know exactly how many calories and what minerals and vitamins they get from meals
It is important to figure out whether or not you need this shake.
If you feel you benefit from it in many ways and follow the instructions, you will certainly get results.
But the shake by itself with no additional diet plan and exercise program will not produce miracles.
Compare Advocare with other Meal replacement shakes
Short summary of Advocare Review
If I were sincere, then I would say that there are better shakes out there. Please make no mistake about it; the quality of the shake, the nutrient content, and the overall effectiveness of the Advocare Shake are good.
But there can be some issues with the excessive use of artificial additives, sucralose, and fructose, which can cause some side effects. The price could also be a bit lower, and every person ultimately has to make their decision.
I would suggest buying it and seeing what results you get from it. If you don’t get any side effects and get substantial results, this product has been worth it.