A few months ago, I decided that I wanted to try a Keto diet. I had heard some of my friends talk about how decreasing their carbs and upping their protein improved their health.
I slowly started getting rid of the carbs in my diet and replacing them with more protein. I also started working out. I knew that I was not getting the protein I needed, and I was missing out on some pretty important nutrients.
I decided I needed to find a keto meal replacement shake to supplement my diet.
If you are looking for meal replacements with low carbohydrate nutrients inside or on low carb diets (such as Atkins, Keto, or Paleo), then low carb meal replacement shakes below will be a perfect choice for you.
Low Carb Shakes come in powder or liquid package and form. I will review, compare, and present the best one I have tried for weight loss.
Best Keto Meal Replacement Shakes
|Keto Shake||Calories||Protein (g)||Carbs (g)||Sugar (g)||Fat (g)|
|Atkins Shake Powder||160||15||5||1||9|
|Isopure Protein Powder||210||50||0||0||0.5|
|EAS Myoplex Protein Packets||400||20||5||3||32|
1. Atkins Shake Review – Best Low Carb Shake Award
Atkins Ready to Drink Shake is a low-carb meal replacement shake with 15 grams of protein and only 160 calories.
It also includes many of the vitamins needed to support a healthy lifestyle, such as Vitamin A, C, D, E, and calcium. The added vitamins and minerals, in addition to the 2 net carbs per shake, made me decide that I needed to give this shake a try.
I am so happy that I ordered it. It has been a lifesaver on busy mornings and when I workout. So many protein shakes out there have so many carbs, and since having a low carbs diet has been proven to help you lose weight, increase muscle and stamina, mitigate healthy issues like acid reflux and digestion problems, and more, I knew I wanted to try it.
I’ve already lost 20 pounds on a low-carb lifestyle! It has honestly changed my life, and these shakes are a big part of my success.
These Atkins Shakes have a lot of positives. Making them part of my daily calorie intake means that I get the protein I need in an easy-to-grab container.
I keep mine in the fridge, so they are ready to go when I need them for the gym.
I also have a bit of a sweet tooth, and these shakes are sweet enough that I feel like I am getting a little bit of a treat, but it’s good for me! Obviously, as with any weight loss plan, you have to focus on calories less than calories out.
So you have to make sure to work these into your diet.
For me, I use these to replace breakfast. I usually don’t feel like waking up and making breakfast first thing, so these help me get the nutrition I need early in the morning.
As far as cons, there aren’t any for me. Sometimes, if I forget to shake them before I drink them, they can be a little chalky tasting. But other than that, these have been a great solution for me. If you have an artificial sugar sensitivity, you may have a little bit of reaction to these since it uses sucralose, which is good to keep in mind.
Overall, the Atkins Ready to Drink Shake in Creamy Chocolate has been a total game-changer for my health. If you are looking for a low-carb meal replacement shake, I highly recommend that you try these!
2. Isopure Zero Carb Protein Powder Review – Best High Protein Low Carb Shake
This product is designed and created for people who want to replace meals high in carbs, want to lose weight, gain body mass, and for bodybuilders.
Isopure low carbs meal replacement shake gives the basic protein-energy required for the proper functioning of body and mind while reducing carbs and fats.
It is a great meal replacement for powerful people, athletes, and bodybuilders. It is a great after-workout instant supplement for energy surges and boosts needed by athletes and bodybuilders.
Isopure low carb meal replacement shake contains 42 grams of 100% pure whey protein isolate.
It contains about 210 calories, 10gms of carbs, good glutamine, minerals, and vitamins. Whey protein isolates if a protein extracted from whey is found in the cheese-making process.
It is a highly absorbed able and amino acid-rich protein source.
This shake can replace a complete meal with its protein composition that provides energy and calories for performing well and keeps you from starving.
One box of Isopure low carb meal replacement shake contains 10, 20, or more packets.
- Isopure low carb meal replacement shake is useful for weight loss and cutting down carbohydrates and fats from your meal.
- It is a great source of energy for bodybuilders and trainers who need protein diets and proteins shake.
- Isopure provides a 100% pure protein source and is also a great protein supplement for vegetarians and low protein diets.
- It has a protein composition that gives the required proteins for a healthy mind and body.
- It is a portable and instant protein shake that can be used while traveling, in the office, or when you can not get a proper meal.
PROS & CONS
- It does not have any added preservatives.
- It keeps hunger at bay for about 4 hours.
- It is sugar-free and lactose-free.
- It is available in many different flavors like chocolate, strawberries, cream, etc.
- Due to the presence of minerals and vitamins, the solution and shake may appear cloudy if stirred with a spoon.
- It contains a lower percentage of minerals and vitamins needed for a healthy body.
- It requires being shaken in a blender for smooth consistency shake.
- It doesn’t contain complete nutrition.
- It is not a great option if used alone for weight loss.
Isopure low carb meal replacement shake is a great instant energy source for people on the go, bodybuilders, and people with weight loss goals.
It can cause a problem in drinking due to its cloudy or too thick consistency if not stirred properly.
You might find flavors a bit off or have a specific liking or dislike to certain flavors.
. It is a great meal replacement option and an instant energy drink with zero sugar added and is great as protein shakes. You can also gain benefits and have a healthy lifestyle.
3. EAS Myoplex Ketogenic Powder Packets Review
Once you are on a diet and using the keto meal plan, this product is just what you need whenever you need to have a snack in addition to your meal.
It also serves as a meal replacement whenever you have an urgent reason to skip a meal.
WHAT DOES IT OFFER?
This meal replacement powder remains true to a ketogenic diet’s foundation. This is achieved by having calories from fat, making up 75 percent of its content. The other contents are calories from protein and carbohydrate, which have 20 percent and 5 percent respectively.
Being the perfect support for those on a ketogenic diet helps reduce the breakdown of muscle protein typically associated with exercising. As a snack, its delicious dessert flavors will leave you well satisfied and full.
This meal replacement shake comes with Creatine and Protein blend when you order it.
It is only meant for you who are on a ketogenic diet. So, whenever you are on the go, you can quickly take this and be full while enjoying all the ingredients contained in a keto diet. This way, you will not be missing anything. If you are not on a keto diet and only want to take it because of its taste or as a replacement for your normal meal, it is not meant for you.
- HMB: The benefit provided by this nutrient plays a huge role in reducing how your muscle protein breaks down when you exercise. It achieves this by assisting your body in the rapid production of energy.
- Dessert flavors: It offers you the benefit of a good taste to give you the satisfaction you need as you take it on the go. It comes in two flavors, the cinnamon bun and the strawberry banana.
- Nutrients ratio: Taken as a snack or meal replacement, you get all the benefits associated with a ketogenic diet. This is because it has calories from fat, protein, and carbohydrates at the ratio of 75 percent, 20 percent, and 5 percent, respectively.
- It prevents muscle protein breakdown.
- It can be used as a meal replacement.
- It comes with Creatine and Protein Blend.
- It has two flavors.
- It has a balanced ratio of nutrients.
- It is hard to get smooth.
- Not everyone likes the two available flavors.
- It has whey protein that spikes insulin.
There are times when you are in a hurry and may have to skip either breakfast or lunch. You will need to replace your skipped meal while on the go with a snack to help fill you. There is also the need to prevent your muscle proteins from breaking down when you exercise while on a diet.
These problems are solved with this meal replacement shake. First, as a replacement meal, you find that you are filled and satisfied at the same time. You will not even notice that you skipped a meal. Second, it helps your body produce energy when you exercise so you do not have to burn your muscle proteins. Third, it gives you the nutrients you need, making it the best support for a ketogenic diet.
Which meal replacement shakes are good for the Keto diet?
The Keto diet comprises high-fat and protein foods with very low to no carbohydrates and is primarily very useful for those wanting to lose weight, as the body burns fat rather than burning off carbs. Shakes good for Keto-based diets contain heart-healthy fats, proteins, berries, and fresh seasonal fruits whilst avoiding starchy vegetables, cereals, and added sugars.
Try adding low-fat greek yogurt rich in potassium, protein, calcium, vitamins B6 and B12, coconut or almond milk, spinach, avocado, or berries to get a good source of nutrients.
Can you drink meal replacement shakes on a Keto diet?
Yes, there is now a range of Keto meal replacement shakes available to purchase, and many you can make yourself at home. However, please read the labels carefully and avoid Shakes that have added sugars and starches or grains listed in the ingredients. Ultimately, pick ones that suit your nutritional needs and look for Shakes that specifically state they are Keto friendly.
Is there any difference between Keto shakes and low carb shakes?
The difference is the variation of carbohydrate quantities in each Shake. A Keto shake will likely have considerably fewer carbohydrates and will typically be lower in calories. These will also often have slight differences in the ingredients used.
Will I get enough nutrients by drinking only low-carb shakes?
Generally, many nutrients can be sourced from low carb meal replacement shakes- But there is a chance that you may not be getting enough nutrients and energy from these drinks alone; as such, they should be added to have with your regular daily meals.
How many low-carb shakes can I drink per day?
1-2 per day on average, but as always, decide what feels right for you. Once again, as mentioned prior: Always read the labels and advice/tips in the description box when choosing shakes from your local store.